Saturday, January 17, 2015

Wow! Mid-January???

I have no idea how it is already the middle of January. A two-month long sinus infection (whoops!!!) plus an ear infection (I should know better) and the beginnings of bronchitis (love my asthma) made most of December into a blur. Then my 94 year old grandma's house had a flood, so that made Christmas and New Year's and the beginning of January incredibly challenging for everyone in our family (most of us live in the same small town, which meant she could "reasonably" request to sleep in her own house, even though the kitchen, front room, basement, and one bathroom were completely torn up from the dishwasher malfunction that caused so much damage... Luckily, she went to stay with my aunt 3 hours away for an extended visit while the construction goes on). Then we were back to school and more chaos reigned (like always) and suddenly it has been a month since I posted! I've made some new stuff, but it isn't quite ready to upload. I had a 2 day migraine this week that I did NOT have time for. Grr. The new stuff will be ready to go soon. Three-day weekends are helpful for that!!! And for laundry. That needs to happen, too... Anyway. Enough scattered ramblings about the many goings-on in my life!!

While sipping my coffee, browsing Facebook, and waiting for updates about my grandma (oh, I failed to mention that she's in the hospital 3 hours away due to a hip problem that she woke up with. Not a fracture, but she can't use it or walk...), I ran across CrazySpeechWorld's post about using Instagram. She shared a blog post from Allison's Speech Peeps that made a lot of sense. So I created a new username that I will use for speechy stuff. I have two currently, but one is from the wedding in July (best idea ever to get pics your friends take!! When they hashtag their pics from your event, you can find them easily!!!!!) and one from a few years ago that I think involved my name and birth year... I can't remember. But it isn't speechy and isn't particularly useful. Since I LOVE Pinterest and can spend more time than I'm willing to admit on it, along with Facebook and TpT, I figured that this would be a great way to quickly see new ideas for therapy. And I could share my activities, speech room, crazy moments with anyone who cares to follow. :)

So there's my current news, in my typical scattered fashion. Follow me on Instagram! @scatteredslp

Time to go be productive! I have two evals and a slew of IEPs to write, plus projects to do for work and around the house. Losing two days to a migraine with vertigo means I lose part of my weekend to work stuff. BUT. I get to do it in yoga pants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment