Sunday, January 25, 2015

It feels like Spring!

I know it isn't true of most of the country, but in the Pacific Northwest we are hitting record high temperatures. As in: The crocuses and irises are starting to BLOOM because it feels like spring. Timehop is telling me that we had snow at this time a few years ago. But not now. I have a feeling this will make the year feel EXTRA long!!

Because of this weird weather, my students are really confused about why we are doing Snowmen and Snowflake projects in speech. :) Few of them understand when I say "It is what I had planned for this month! Planning at all is big for me, so appreciate it!!!" which means I need to come up with something else. :) I'll make a Rain Page soon, but for now I have a fun snowflake and snowglobe homework sheet / worksheet to use. I've used it for /s/ and s-blends homework, but the blank one can be used to target anything. I even used it for listing items in categories (she had to tell me 3 things in that category before coloring the snowflake in). After discussing that different places had different weather, but that the season of Winter is known for snow and cold weather clothes. I've had that conversation a LOT!!!


I've uploaded the blank version here . Enjoy!!!





Graphics by Teacher's Clipart

No comments:

Post a Comment