Thursday, December 11, 2014

I may have a TpT problem...

I've loved the Teachers Pay Teachers site since I discovered it last year. At first, I only downloaded the free materials. Some forms that I could tweak or use ideas from to make life smoother. Then some free activities. Then some $1 or $2 activities. It was all so benign! And handy!! So many ideas on Pinterest (another obsession...) linked back to TpT. And the materials looked so good! I'll buy one. Just one. Just one really good thing. I need some Common Core materials, I told myself. I can show solidarity with my General Ed friends. I, too, am relating activities to the CCSS. I have materials. I have signs in my office. And then, well, there were some really great planners for the 2014-2015 school year that were designed FOR the SLP... And it would be really helpful, right? I could customize and be really scheduled and on task and get lots more done! And they were cute! That makes it more efficient, right?

Then, I found grammar activities. Amazing, Awesome, WONDERFUL activities! Adorable flashcards for irregular past tense verbs! Those are the BANE of my EXISTENCE!!!! (Or, at least they were, at the time, with at least 8 kids working on them). So I had to get those... And then more, because once those were mastered, we couldn't just go back to the boring old ways... I was bored by my old flashcards! I wanted new, better, cuter!!

Now, I am downloading clip art images. Creating my own materials. I am on a Gingerbread and Snowman kick. My free time at home is spent on my laptop, with a memory stick full of images, creating new activities, while sitting in the same room as my husband. I think he is wondering what happened to me... "no, you stupid snowman! I don't want you there!" I mutter to the laptop...

So there. My confession. I just spent $24+ on TpT for clip art and some activities. I will need more ink soon. I ordered my own, extra thick, cardstock on Cyber Monday. I just had a 32GB thumb drive arrive to store my clip art on. I have an addiction. Possibly a problem. But I'm LOVING IT. So maybe it isn't so bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment